CropLife International, based in Brussels, Belgium, is an international federation representing the plant science industry. Currently we are seeking a Communications Trainee. The position will be for 6 months, will be remunerated and will start in October 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate who has a passion to work in international communications. The Trainee will be part of the CropLife International communications department which develops and delivers effective communications that promote the global plant science industry. The role is developmental and will therefore provide opportunities to learn about all aspects of a communications department and the chance to build skills to become an important member of the team. Based in Brussels and reporting to the Director of Communications for Crop Protection, the Communications Trainee’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Director of Communications and wider communications team to deliver projects and activities, with a focus on our digital platforms.
- Analyzing data about the industry, including its impact, and distilling the data into creative communication resources.
- Supporting the CropLife team to develop graphics and creative content for internal and external communications.
- Developing and posting content on social media channels and the website.
- Monitoring social media for news and opportunities to engage.
- Initiating and completing writing and editing assignments as required including articles, preparation of news releases and other communications documents.
- Helping to coordinate and support the production of CropLife International outreach events.
- Providing communications support to the global CropLife network.
- Providing ad hoc support to the wider CropLife International team, outside of communications.
Core skills, qualifications and competencies include:
- A university education.
- Proven writing and editing skills.
- Ability to analyze data and adapt complex information into understandable communication pieces, including on social media platforms.
- Ability to think creatively with an understanding of visual communications tools.
- Graphic design skills and proficiency on Adobe Creative Suite (or similar software).
- Strong planning, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills including listening, written, oral and presentation skills.
- Highly organized, task orientated, independent worker with proven team building skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Interested individuals are welcome to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31 at 17h00.