What is the EU Pesticide Renewal Monitor?
In the European Union, all active ingredients undergo periodic reevaluation, as laid out in Regulation (EC) No. 1107/2009. The reevaluation process typically follows the scheme indicated in the figure below.
The European Union (EU) Pesticide Renewal Monitor is a document that provides an overview of active ingredients that are currently undergoing or are scheduled for the periodic active ingredient renewal in the European Union and it is prepared based on publicly available information. It lists active ingredients that have expired or are expected to expire, at the time of publication.
Please note that the renewal process relates to the approval of active ingredients used in the EU market. It is lengthy and unpredictable. Only final, published Regulations are definitive. Renewal is a separate process to the EU Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) and Import Tolerance setting, change or removal, which typically happens after non-renewal has been finalized, and is governed by specific legislation.
The EU Pesticide Renewal Monitors
- Renewal Monitor May 2020 [English version | Spanish version | Portuguese version]
- Renewal Monitor February 2020 [English version | Spanish version]
- Renewal Monitor December 2019
- Renewal Monitor September 2019
For additional information on:
- the registration status and expiry dates for active ingredients that are not listed in the document, please refer to the EU pesticide database.
- specific active ingredients, please consult the EFSA website (then click on the “Pesticide Dossier” tab) or contact the companies which are supporting the active ingredient through the renewal process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The EU Pesticide Renewal Monitor is intended for information purposes only. Users are invited to verify the information obtained from the EU Pesticide Renewal Monitor with knowledgeable third parties prior to engaging in any business activities, such as the sale or shipments of any products. Users acknowledge that CropLife International and BCI are not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, and currency of the information and that the information provided may not be one hundred percent (100%) accurate, up-to-date, and free of omissions. CropLife International and BCI shall not be held liable for any losses or damages arising from any errors, omissions, or misrepresentations from the use of the information contained in the EU Pesticide Renewal Monitor.