6 Development Tweeters You Should Follow
For those interested in the role of plant science in international development, here are six Twitter handles you should have a grip on:
- @worldfoodprize: Recognizing achievements of individuals who have advanced human development by improving the quality, quantity or availability of food in the world. (Read about the 2016 World Food Prize laureates who created biofortified crops where critical nutrients are bred into staple crops.)
- @mark_lynas: Advocate for plant biotechnology who busts myths about GMOs.
- @farmingfirst: A global coalition calling on world leaders to increase agricultural output in a sustainable and socially responsible manner.
- @JulieBorlaug: Granddaughter to the Father of the Green Revolution Norman Borlaug advocates for innovation and technology to end hunger and poverty.
- @globalfarmernet: The Global Farmer Network are farmer’s voices in support of free trade and the freedom to choose technologies needed to sustainably maximize productivity and profitability.
- @kevinfolta: Land-grant scientist exploring ways to make better food with less input as well as effectively communicating science to the public.